At Gateway Mortgage, we put people first. Our customers are important to us, and we are focused on providing the services and solutions you need when difficult circumstances impact your ability to pay your mortgage. Simply put, we are here to help.
Getting started is easy. All you need to do is register for an account on our seamless customer portal to begin your application. It will walk you through the process step-by-step, provide a secure location to exchange all required documents, and allow you to view the status of your review at the click of a button.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I defer my payments?
This depends on multiple factors, including your loan type and individual circumstances. In many situations, we can offer a deferral or one of the other options that would bring your account current.
What kind of options are available?
Not all options are available for all loan types, but here are a few examples that we may be able to offer you:
- Disaster/COVID-19 Forbearance – With a disaster forbearance, your payments are reduced or suspended, no late charges are assessed, and your credit record is protected during the forbearance period.
- Standard Forbearance – A standard forbearance plan typically allows you to pay a reduced payment or even no payment at all while you work to resolve your hardship.
- Repayment Plan – If your situation warrants, the best option may be to allow you to make up any missed payments up by spreading them out over a few months.
- Payment Deferral – Some accounts may be eligible to skip payments and pay them at the end of the loan.
- Loan Modification – A loan modification may be used to bring your loan current or reduce your payment to a more affordable amount.
- Short Sale – We may be able to help you sell your home – even if you owe more than it is worth.
- Deed-in-lieu of foreclosure – This option allows you to deed the property to us and walk away. We may be able to offer relocation assistance as well.
Can you help me with my budget?
We can connect you with a HUD-approved, non-profit homeowners counseling organization. Our agents can provide you with the contact information, or you may obtain a list of such organizations serving your residential area by calling toll free 1-800-569-4287 or by visiting the HUD website at www.hud.gov.
What kind of documentation will I be required to submit?
The following list contains examples of documents that may be requested during the review of your account:
- Proof of income (pay stubs, social security awards letter, or profit and loss statement for self-employed borrower)
- Expense documentation / financial statement
- Letter explaining your hardship
- Bank statements
Having these documents handy may help expedite the review process, but not all documents will be required for all situations and loan types.
My question isn’t covered here.
Please call us today to learn more about your Loss Mitigation options. Our agents are available from 7:30-5:30 CST at 1-855-331-2474 to discuss your situation and what we can do to help.