Sam was wonderful to work with. We started our process in March and just finished at end of Aug. the delay was fault of myself due to being hit by a tornado. Sam jumped through many hoops for me on my delays.
Sam Hearl, and his Gateway Team truly earned this 5 star rating! Similarly, we provide our strongest personal and professional recommendation to anyone searching for similar mortgage services.
Having bought and sold several homes over the years, we've engaged multiple mortgage companies. Working with Gateway, and specifically Sam Hearl, we found this experience to be extremely easy to navigate. First - Sam was up front on all data regarding mortgage rates and options. Similarly, he was clear (and helpful) in understanding the process we would work together. Key note; This is the first time we utilized an online process, which can be daunting for more senior people. We safely navigated this process and ultimately succeeded primarily due to hands-on guidance provided by Sam Hearl. We found him..
- Very professional - very personable. He made the somewhat complex and difficult mortgage/home purchasing process less daunting
- Fully responsive - I could reach him any time day or night
- Always had a recommendation to help us through the online process
- Willingly went the extra mile to assist us with we had IT trouble - or - just trouble understanding what was being asked
- When we had trouble uploading files, we could just send to him (or his team) and he'd upload them
- Close to the end game, he really stepped up for us de-escalating a frustrating time when we were closing and physically moving out of our previous home. Specifically, Gateway requested several additional documents at a time when we were packed out, had no internet or printing capability, etc. As we were trying to determine how we could possibly handle this request, Sam stepped up that evening to work with us overnight to solve our personal dilemma while meeting all requirements. We can't express how much this single effort solved a very trying and frustrating period.
- Our final closing was held on time specifically due to Sam Hearl's assistance. Our final closing was almost pushed several days over a weekend due to a delayed closing on my previous/contingent home. Sam's team worked closely with us, and the closing title companies on both ends, allowing for a late Friday pm closing, vice pushing to the following Monday.
I had the pleasure to work with Sam Hearl on the purchase of my first home. He was amazing always on top of everything!
I highly recommend him if you are needing help.
We refinanced a couple of months into the coronavirus, and even with things going crazy all over our world, Sam was so great to work with. He answered all of our questions, helped us fully understand the process and handled our loan so efficiently. He even worked with us to know things we could do in order to get the best possible interest rate for our family. The rate and fees all came out lower than we expected!
I would recommend Sam to anyone--he's wonderful!
Sam has been the most professorial and Personable person I have had the pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend Sam and would without question use him and gateway mortgage again.
Sam was so wonderful, the process was seemless all done online and Sam kept me in the loop and answered all my questions so quickly! I highly recommend working with him!
Sam was great. He was always texting me or emailing me back right away. He was patient with me and very thorough i appreciate all that he did for me especially because I’m a first home buyer.
We haven't bought a new home in a long time - so after we decided to give the local lender a try and get the pre-approval process with Gateway, I had a ton of questions. True story; as I was drafting these questions in an e-mail and before I could send, Sam calls me. He answered all our questions on the phone and this trend continued throughout the final home loan closing. I had questions, Sam would always be available to answer and often foreseeing my questions.
The underwriting process was also effortless for us. Great company with local attention. Oh...and we had an aggressive closing date that Sam and team made sure we met.
Sam helped us from the time that we were budgeting up until the time of closing. He was knowledgeable about the process and easy to get a hold of any time we had questions about any stage of the process. This is our second home purchase, but our first with Sam. We won't be using anyone else in the future after this.
We have both purchased and now refinanced with Gateway and both Sam and the rest involved have been the easiest and most helpful to answer any questions and get this process completely.