What’s the Advantage to Getting Pre-qualified?
Getting pre-qualified for your home loan now can save you time later when you’re in the middle of the home search process. Plus, knowing what kind of a loan you are qualified for will not only provide you with much-needed peace of mind but can give you a better idea of what price range to search within.
- You’ll get an estimate of the loan amount and monthly payments for which you may qualify. When you’re searching for your home, this information is invaluable.
- This process typically includes pulling your credit report, which is a good first step in determining the terms of your loan (loan amount, interest rate, length of time to repay).
- You’ll have peace of mind knowing you can likely afford a new home at a given price.
- Sellers may be more likely to accept offers from pre-qualified buyers.
- Real estate agents are often more eager to support pre-qualified buyers. It tells them you’re serious about buying.
How Does Pre-Qualification Work?
Although you’re not required to pre-qualify for a home loan, it is simple and can generally be completed in one phone call to your Loan Officer. Here’s what will happen when you decide to pre-qualify:
- Contact one of our Gateway Loan Officers. They will ask you a few simple questions about your income, assets, debt and credit score.
- You will discuss loan options like certain products (FHA, Conventional, VA, Jumbo loans, etc.), and the terms available.
- After a review of the information which often takes place on the same day, you’ll receive an answer as to the loan amount and interest rate for which you’re qualified.
- We’ll provide you with a letter that states the amount for which you’re qualified (which will become useful during the home buying process).
Ready to get started? Contact one of our local, caring mortgage professionals today…and ask them about our Lock & Shop program!