Builds and maintains workflow and tasking to automate manual business processes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Consults with various business units to define business functions and processes.
- Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through automation.
- Documents requirements for workflow automation and reporting.
- Design and builds workflows in enterprise workflow software to incorporate business processes, business rules, and reporting.
- Acts as a liaison between departmental end-users, application developers, software vendors, and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Manages the coordination and completion of design and development work orders with software vendor.
- Supports the testing and implementation of workflow automation for business processes.
- Works with internal resources to develop training and ongoing support for implemented business process workflows.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proven track record of utilizing technology to drive process improvement and efficiency.
- Understand basic concepts of software development such as data types, variables, arrays, logical rules, exception handling, etc.
- Ability to understand and map business processes.
- Competent in the full Microsoft Office suite of products including Visio and Project.
- Experience operating within the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and/or Agile project management framework preferred
- Knowledge of C#, VB.NET, SQL Server or Oracle is preferred but not required.
- Mortgage origination or servicing experience preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, or other applicable field of study.
- At least 2 Years of experience in business analysis, software development, or process improvement/engineering.
- Experience with workflow automation.
- Prefer related experience in the mortgage or financial services industry.
- Prefer experience of related project management/business analyst experience
- Experience with decisions software preferred.