JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for underwriting designated residential loans by analyzing credit data to ensure compliance with investor and company guidelines and requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Analyze loan documentation for accuracy and completeness to assess credit worthiness and adherence to regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Verify the income and employment information of loan applicants, review the applicant credit history and scores, and examine asset accounts for available funds for mortgage transactions.
- Analyze loan documentation in order to determine credit worthiness and to detect signs of possible mortgage fraud or money laundering.
- Work with loan originators and production staff to compile required credit documentation.
- Review secondary resubmissions of credit documentation provided and prepare the necessary forms and worksheets to issue credit approval.
- Communicate credit decisions and answer loan amount questions to address issues on outstanding items required for credit approval.
- Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Technical Knowledge – Detailed knowledge of agency and investor underwriting requirements.
- Analytical Skills – Solid analytical and conceptual skills, especially as required in analyzing credit data, file integrity, and loan file data.
- Communication Skills – Proven oral and written communication skills to relate loan information to loan originators and service providers in a friendly, articulate and well understood manner.
- Computer Skills – Proficiency in the use of personal computers, including spreadsheet, database, word processing, and loan origination software.
- Interpersonal Skills – Poised and professional in appearance and manner with an upbeat, outgoing personality.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or a related field
- At least 3 years in mortgage industry as a mortgage underwriter including conventional, FHA, VA, RD. Prefer DE and/or SAR certified
- Prefer related experience in financial services industry