JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for preparing closing documents for loans in process.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Document preparation – prepare and distribute closing documents for loans in process. Audit provided documentation for errors and administers data into the system with accuracy for preparation of final closing documents.
- Document review – review provided initial disclosure documentation for date and fee accuracy. Audits initial disclosure to ensure that we are in compliance with state and federal regulations. Review final disbursement/settlement statements to ensure quality and accuracy of final closing costs, cash to close and RESPA compliance.
- Wire/funds distribution – Audit fees in the system to ensure that the wire/check amount is correct and that all fees needing to be netted / disbursed are entered into the system correctly upon completion of closing document package.
- Funding Authorization – Audit final signed documents and disclosure for accuracy and signature compliance in order to issue final funding authorization/disbursement with title agencies.
- Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Compliance Knowledge - Knowledge of RESPA and TILA regulations
- Document Preparation - Familiarity with Settlement Statement/Hud-1 form preparation and review and closing document preparation and review requirements per state and program guidelines
- Pipeline Management – Ability to manage and prioritize pipelines and individual work load
- Attention to Detail - Must have attention to detail and good customer service skills
- High school diploma
- At least 2 years of related experience
- Prefer 2 years of closing/data entry experience
- Prefer related experience in executed document review and funding of closed loans