Responsible for finding solutions for customers with delinquent mortgage payments by building relationships, gathering information, collecting payments, and outlining clear steps for future solutions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Identify potential collection solutions available for each loan type.
- Gather and review information regarding the customer’s financial status and future payment prospects.
- Calculate payment solutions in line with the mortgagor’s financial capacity.
- Maintain customer records and update account information.
- Observe and apply Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA) in the conduct of collection activities.
- Perform skip tracking to locate debtors where contact information is incomplete or incorrect.
- Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Proficient in the use of word processing and spreadsheet software applications.
- Problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to work well in team environment.
- Organized, attentive to detail and task oriented.
- Associate’s Degree
- At least 2 years of related collections experience.
- Ability to work in a call center environment.
- Prefer related experience in mortgage banking.