Responsible for examining applications for mortgage assistance to ensure compliance with state, investor, and agency requirements. In addition, the Loss Mitigation Specialist is responsible for completing re-verification efforts on loan file documents and reviewing the returned documents for compliance and accuracy. This position requires strong organization skills, resourcefulness, and excellent communication. Successful candidates must be able to work accurately, effectively, and ensure appropriate productivity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Answers inbound queue calls to assist mortgagors with various mortgage servicing needs.
- Ensures verbal and written communication is timely, clear, and accurate.
- Ability to work in multiple systems to capture all required reporting data fields.
- Performs in-depth financial reviews with delinquent mortgagors to determine possible qualification for various Loss Mitigation options.
- Provides budget counseling tips to mortgagors to ensure plan success and prevent future defaults.
- Educates mortgagors about the various Retention and Disposition Options.
- Sends plan agreements or denial letters to mortgagors to advise of the outcome of the application review.
- Declines applications for non-qualified mortgagors in accordance with investor/insurer and departmental guidelines.
- Submits and follows-up on foreclosure stop/holds, as necessary.
- Monitors status of repayment plans, forbearance plans, and trial plans.
- Takes payments by phone to ensure plan success.
- Works closely with the Collections department to reduce delinquency rates.
- Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Great communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong motivation for taking action and obtaining results
- Accurate and efficient data processing capabilities.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to learn rules, regulations, and laws in order to meet state, investor, client, and insurer guidelines.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior mortgage servicing experience is preferred.