Responsible for directing and leading processes and deployments of the lean system for a process or business area. Creates an environment that promotes continuous improvement of business processes, increases consistency, reduces customer pain points and empowers team members to enhance the value of the service they provide to customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Leads process diagnostics to identify impactful opportunities for operational improvements across end to end value streams.
- Supports change leaders through each phase of deployment, including the development of a process-specific plan for design, pilot, and sustain phases.
- Coaches process teams and change leaders on the standard lean systems, tools, techniques, mindsets and behaviors.
- Delivers lean system training and leadership coaching to process teams and change leaders.
- Enables implementation at scale.
- Develops impact objectives and progress tracking mechanism against objectives.
- Utilizes problem solving efforts on key projects to improve quality, reduces cost and eliminates waste.
- Provides leaders with project status updates, feedback, and appropriate reporting on key process focused objectives.
- Participates in the department hiring, promotion, and review process while managing, mentoring and improving support staff performance. Coaches and develops team to ensure we are meeting the needs of the company and the staff in order to maintain productivity and to maintain staff morale.
- Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Knowledge and experience with Lean or Six Sigma certification required
- Demonstrated ability to coach and train all levels of leaders
- Willing to take risks, challenge the status quo and work under ambiguous circumstances
- Able to use data to influence senior leaders and defend his/her perspective
- Ability to structure ambiguous problems, analyze complex processes, synthesize data and results, and drive toward insight and solutions
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills (e.g. can conduct root cause analysis, make reservations, and track results
- Strong written, oral, communication and presentation skills required (including comfort with Excel and PowerPoint)
- Deep knowledge of process undergoing lean deployment
- Ability to build a strong network; has the ability to leverage resources and relationships to get things done
- Empathetic; ability to inspire team members and leaders to achieve results
- Competent in project management; has the ability to manage tight deadlines
- Passionate about leading process improvement and applying lean techniques in different environments to deliver greater value to the guest
- Desire to learn new capabilities and enable others to do the same
- Ability to influence others and manage difficult situations
- Awareness of and willingness to overcome the cultural challenges in every lean project
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of operations consulting role preferred
- Master Black Belt/Green Belt Certified or demonstrated knowledge of Lean or Six Sigma is preferred