Responsible for applying strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Conducts analysis by identifying business challenges and opportunities for improvement and solves for them using analysis to make strategic or tactical recommendations.
- Performs modeling/analytics to assist new product and pricing strategies for various lending products.
- Supports direct-to-consumer marketing efforts for select products, and strategic intent for products distributed through the retail channel. Helps build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go to market strategies.
- Supports step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis.
- Executes problem frame-works, develops hypotheses, tests and analysis, provides solution development, scopes operational feasibility, leads implementation efforts and develops a monitoring plan.
- Works closely with colleagues across all departments including: IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability.
- Performs strategic decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Performs conceptual thinking skills that must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management.
- Responsible for being a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business utilizing leadership and integrity.
- Participates in the department hiring, promotion, and review process while managing, mentoring and improving support staff performance. Coaches and develops team to ensure we are meeting the needs of the company and the staff in order to maintain productivity and to maintain staff morale.
- Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Proven track record demonstrating an ability to effectively communicate and influence partners across the company and across multiple levels of the organization
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to drive and motivate a team
- Strategic, innovative and integrated thinking skills that drive programs and desired outcomes
- Experience with statistical model building, market research, SQL querying,
- Ability to conduct business analysis
- Successful track record thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment
- Clear results orientation – displays an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Strong communication skills - Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in business
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- At least 5 years financial industry experience
- At least 5 years in a role with significant Business Strategy and Analysis role
- At least 5 years of experience in consultative roles requiring complex analytical, problem-solving, and executive reporting