JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for identifying customer service issues and resolving them, providing operational feedback to identify root causes of problems/issues, and eliminating the need for call escalation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Respond to first-level support questions from customers.
- Answer calls and provide necessary support to and the assurance that they will be served by knowledgeable mortgage specialists.
- Apply and leverage technology systems to consistently follow up and document problem resolutions.
- Maintain customer records and update customer account information.
- Resolve customer service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting the correction or adjustment; and following up to ensure resolution.
- Communicate with and serve customers via phone, email, and letter.
- Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Proven problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Organized, task oriented and attentive to detail.
- Associate’s Degree in a related discipline.
- At least 2 years of related customer service experience.
- Prefer related experience in a call center environment.
- Prefer related experience in mortgage banking.