JOB SUMMARY: Position is responsible for supporting the sales teams’ efforts of profitably managing and growing the correspondent division’s client base and production.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Develop new business as an in-house sales associate by identifying and contacting prospective correspondent clients.
- Assist VP National Production with pipeline management and division reporting metrics, including monthly reports, dashboards, and score cards.
- Serve as back-up contact for clients and act as intermediary between operations, underwriting, secondary marketing, servicing, and other departments at Gateway.
- Assist correspondent clients with questions related to products and pricing.
- Cultivate and improve relationships with correspondent clients using multiple methods of communication including phone, email and occasional onsite visits. Interact with multiple departments within clients’ organizations.
- Coach and educate clients on Gateway’s products, policies and procedures; inform and advise clients’ senior management on industry trends and best practices.
- Research and analyze client volume, performance and delivery trends to assist in capitalizing on potential business opportunities.
- Perform other related responsibilities as required or assigned by the VP National Production.
- Interpersonal Skills – Poised and professional in appearance and manner with an upbeat, outgoing personality.
- Hands-On – Capable of creating and executing sales strategies for different client segments.
- Communication Skills – Proven oral and written communication skills with the ability to prepare and deliver concise and understandable reports and presentations.
- Computer Skills - Proficiency in the use of personal computers and MS Office programs; ability to create Excel spreadsheets using formulas, macros and pivot tables.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business, or a related field strongly preferred.
- Previous sales or customer service experience in the mortgage industry is a plus.