JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for reviewing appraisals for accuracy and compliance to USPAP, Fannie Mae, VA and USDA requirements, looking out for the best interests of the borrowers and Gateway Mortgage Group.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Review and analyze formal reports and supporting documentation prepared by internal and external appraisers, primarily on 1-4 family residential properties.
- Interface with loan officers and processors to ensure they understand any value, repair or other appraisal related issue.
- Assess the validity and accuracy of third party valuations such as FNMA’s collateral underwriter, Zillow.com, homes.com and similar automated valuation models.
- Apply uniform standards of professional appraisal practices with regard to objectivity, integrity, independent judgment, confidentiality and ethical conduct.
- Assess accuracy, adequacy and compliance of valuations with applicable industry standards, Government sponsored Enterprise policies and procedures and regulatory compliance.
- Identify and assess any suspected misrepresentation or fraud in property valuation.
- Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Windows based computer applications including Word and Excel
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision in a high production environment
- Strong attention to detail is required to identify errors, omissions and other possible problems with an appraisal
- Four year college degree preferred
- Strongly prefer 2-3 years of appraisal experience